Hiya PST! As you know, PSTALENT is supporting Extra Life this year. We have a great team of PST members volunteering their time to play video games for 24 hours this weekend in support of Children’s Miracle Network hospitals, where they’ll treat any child, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. The 24-hour video game marathon starts tomorrow morning, but you can *still* help! Read on to find out how to help, and tips for participants!
I’m happy to announce that since our Extra Life team was launched 6 weeks ago, we have surpassed our team goal of raising $500 for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals! Thanks SO much to all participants and donors! Check out the thermometer on the right for the current amount raised! But…we’re not done yet! Some of us still have individual fundraising goals to meet, and it’s not too late for new members to join either!
How to help:
- Join Team PSTALENT, get sponsors, and play games for 24 hours on/around Saturday, October 20th!
Don’t let a commitment on the 20th stop you from joining. Just do what you can and make up the game time later. What matters most is the time you put in BEFORE the event to raise money for these kids!
- If you’ve already registered for Extra Life but haven’t joined a team yet, you can still join Team “PSTALENT” by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, email address and the name of the team you would like to join.
- If you can’t participate, show your support by sponsoring a fellow PSTALENT.com member who is participating! Every dollar helps! Yup…you read that right. You can even donate $1 to support someone on Team PSTALENT! Donations are tax-deductible and 100% will go to Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.
“It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little. Do what you can.” -Sydney Smith
Tips for participants:
- Keep fundraising! Whether or not you’ve met your personal or team goal, Extra Life can still process additional donations, even after the 24-hour event is over!
- All electronic games count, whether they’re on a console, handheld or mobile device, computer or online social games! Fight off exhaustion and boredom by switching games as frequently as needed. Take a break from the intensity of that shooter by playing some PSHome mini-games or Draw Something on your phone!
- Post a list of your available games somewhere friends and donors can see, then invite them to play games with you! Here’s mine:
- If you can’t livestream your 24-hour gaming marathon, consider tweeting or posting about it somewhere so your friends and donors can cheer you on! (I’ll be posting hourly updates here and on Twitter!)
- Follow these safety tips, from extra-life.org:
Have a safe and happy Extra Life weekend, everyone! See ya online!